windshadow0177, post: 1135, member: 1090 wrote:
I feel like I have a better grasp of what RangerPhenom is advocating for, but I'm not sure it's necessary. Granted, I'm not engaging in combat the way most people are - my combat toons are 95% for farming mats. I will eventually need to run heroics so I can unlock the 8th character slot and get jewelry sets for my other two combat farmers, but instances/PVP/other ground content isn't where the game is for me. My game is in crafting and space.
My Commando-main, wearing a block suit with only the hand-sampling jewelry set, is quite tanky. I can, for example, aggro the entire Spider Cult cave on the way down to the Starmap objective there and tank it fine. It doesn't matter how many, I typically just go until one of them manage to snare me, drop secure position and kill the group - rinse and repeat.
But what I'm doing isn't what most others are doing, so I'm going to abstain on this idea.
If an SWG veteran, new to this server, reads through all the patch notes and updates and decides he/she wants to run a Tank toon and does his research....when he/she gets to the jewelry sets as a sway to which prof he wants to run, Commando or TKM, and he/she gets to a side by side comparison of our Frontman and Steel Body sets....10/10 they are going to choose the Steel Body set because it is night and day better than Frontman....if you want TKM and Commando to be on the same tier for tanks albeit opposite spectrums (ranged/melee) Frontman needs to be addressed. I may be wrong but I would assume that one would want to have at least similar if not equivalent options for two profs that are NOT allowed to hybrid with one another but as of right now the tank sets (Frontman and Steel Body) arent even close in what benefits they provide.
Historical reactions: Like × 1