Solo Instance Ideas/ A Few Suggestions

Straton

Apr 6, 2024
USA
Before I throw some ideas out there, I’ll say two things:

1 From the unique take on expertise to the innovative way you can “grind” credits by actually playing the game, I love the vision of this server. I wish these guys ran the game on live, would have been fascinating to see what they could do with it if this was their full time job.

2 I know very little about programming, my limited coding experience is related to data/ chat bots, thus, I have no idea if certain things I’ll say are even possible.

Hold the Line Solo Instance Concept

An Imperial and Rebel variant, where you are essentially given an invasion barricade and tasked with holding off waves of factional enemies where each wave gets harder.

Perhaps a factional “hero” appears to lead it, where each hero has their own loot table (similar concept here with the heroes in the space battles, they don’t die, they leave). Alternatively, you could make the hero unattackable throughout the whole thing, where the hero that appears dictates the loot table for a field commander in the last wave.

Personally, I’d like the last wave to be a little out of control tough, but maybe that comes with a hard mode option.

Jedi Trials Solo Instance Concept

Similar to the current Death Watch solo instance, but you fight force users. Conceptually I have two general ideas:

Make it Jedi trial like, where it’s not actually real and therefore, you can use anyone​

Make it a rogue inquisitor and his team​

Escape Solo Instance Concept

You are sent to Jabba’s Palace for a mission, but it’s actually a trap set by Jabba who has employed some of the galaxies finest bounty hunters to try and collect on you.

You have to get through three doors to escape, and an iconic bounty hunter (and their henchmen in some instances) have the keys. I think it goes without saying that the last door is Boba, by himself, with a strong one liner or two.

Collections Box

If it’s possible, I think making a collections specific box that functions exactly like the token box would be absolutely wonderful, especially if it could include ground and space collections.

Entertainer

Full disclosure: I never played Ent and I’ve never understood the appeal. That said when entertainers are plentiful, they are a major asset because they organically create hubs.

When they are not readily available, and they are not here, I think it prohibits server growth because it serves as a gate to doing certain things, especially for new players. Solutions:

Make ent buffs craftable by ents, like you guys did for doctor​

Put a kiosk in the Eisley cantina where you can make your own 15 point ent buff.​

That way if there are more ents in the future, they’ll make that kiosk obsolete

If possible, I think a 30 minute grace period where you don’t lose your ent buff if you log out would be great. Sometimes I lose connection or a second instance of the game crashes, where I’m back a few minutes later but my ent buff is gone.

Space

I definitely get why major space changes were scrapped, from a variety of angles. But, I have a few ideas:

Put Nym’s parts in the Orion Station token table

Not being able to get these with any real volume prevents me from producing several core end game components.​

Remove the need for a cargo hold for space mining and make a DI command that makes normal weapons mining capable

Space mining is a super grind and I think we should be shooting for market availability at this stage​

Server Invasions

This has zero to do with anything else here and I do not play on any other server, but I think picking one of the more populated ones and creating an “Evolve” guild where we occasionally hit that server with multiple groups and tilt pvp would be fun (also good for camaraderie like world bosses have been) and it might encourage others to invade here on occasion.

In a sense, it would be a form of advertising and it would be pretty interesting if it was a full stormtrooper guild.

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023
Honestly a lot of good ideas here. These are absolutely the kind of ideas we look for when adding new instances.

I also love the idea of invading servers as Stormtroopers on their PvP nights occasionally.

Straton

Apr 6, 2024
USA
Honestly a lot of good ideas here. These are absolutely the kind of ideas we look for when adding new instances.

I also love the idea of invading servers as Stormtroopers on their PvP nights occasionally.
Glad you liked it. And yeah dude, the storm trooper invasion would be fun as hell