Jedi specifically Mystic.

Garrote

Jun 28, 2024
USA
www.swgevolve.com
I understand the everlong battle of DSJ v LSJ, even on evolve with it being "Mystic" "Guardian/Battlemaster" Cut right to it.
Mystic is in a shite state. Having to wear DF just for the Armor pen is meh, can look past that. But removing the armor pen completely from Maelstrom is wild. Maelstrom was the deal breaker between LS v DS. Considering everyones running some sort of Dodge in their build, Hurricane is next to useless and that leaves ol Shockwave as our last hard hitting ability. Compared to the LSJ/BM/Guardian who gets both an Armor Break (that cannot be removed) and a Damage increase(which also is not removable) on top of x% of Reflect with BoB/Reflect and the innate Reflect from the expertise, on top of a root and force pull. Which upon further testing BoB reflects 100% of everything, whether it be simple autos, or a full wombo combo the whole BoB/reflect thing is wild.

Not too mention that, even though Crit caps at 75% now, when spec'd into the Shien Form plus 1 powerup, full buffed, I easily hit over 100% CHR. So as a Mystic, I cant even stack crit high enough let alone ST to compete with that. I think this whole Jedi thing needs to be re-looked at tbh. Not looking for nerfs, just simple changes to bring other specs back up to par. Cause as it sits, literally everyone on Evolve has BoB in their build somehow someway, which also takes less points than Makashi for whatever reason.

Now before all the hate starts coming in, make your self a mystic build and go fight a reflect build and then come back and rewrite your comment.

Yatoya

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I understand the everlong battle of DSJ v LSJ, even on evolve with it being "Mystic" "Guardian/Battlemaster" Cut right to it.
Mystic is in a shite state. Having to wear DF just for the Armor pen is meh, can look past that. But removing the armor pen completely from Maelstrom is wild. Maelstrom was the deal breaker between LS v DS. Considering everyones running some sort of Dodge in their build, Hurricane is next to useless and that leaves ol Shockwave as our last hard hitting ability. Compared to the LSJ/BM/Guardian who gets both an Armor Break (that cannot be removed) and a Damage increase(which also is not removable) on top of x% of Reflect with BoB/Reflect and the innate Reflect from the expertise, on top of a root and force pull. Which upon further testing BoB reflects 100% of everything, whether it be simple autos, or a full wombo combo the whole BoB/reflect thing is wild.

Not too mention that, even though Crit caps at 75% now, when spec'd into the Shien Form plus 1 powerup, full buffed, I easily hit over 100% CHR. So as a Mystic, I cant even stack crit high enough let alone ST to compete with that. I think this whole Jedi thing needs to be re-looked at tbh. Not looking for nerfs, just simple changes to bring other specs back up to par. Cause as it sits, literally everyone on Evolve has BoB in their build somehow someway, which also takes less points than Makashi for whatever reason.

Now before all the hate starts coming in, make your self a mystic build and go fight a reflect build and then come back and rewrite your comment.
I agree, your sentiments reflect why I avoided unlocking my Jedi. As it stands my Jedi LSJ/BM/Guardian barely does equivalent damage to my Rifleman which is only my second best damage dealer, that's with 3 weapon damage pups, to get more damage would be to take Reflect. Even the LSJ/BM/Guardian 12k dps build cannot take out my AFK Doctor. Right now doing even less damage now since the second saber has been removed, so I no longer have the exotic boost.

As PVE only my Jedi is fine running LSJ/BM/Guardian and drawing aggro, the armor break provides a good debuff, and providing the 100 Strength buff through flag. But I would never take my Jedi back into PVP purposefully without a rewrite/rework.

Graphically I like running Jedi, who doesn't want to run around with a lightsaber.

Garrote

Jun 28, 2024
USA
www.swgevolve.com
Im not even asking for a nerf on LSJ/BM/Guardian, all Im asking is why Maelstrom had the armor pen completely removed as that was the complete and only counter to LSJ. Did it smack other people just as hard, yeah sure did, but thats where Evasion comes into play, less AoE damage. Removing that from Maelstrom basically removes DSJ from the game in general. Everyones running at least 30% dodge, so hurricane is useless.

Mystics are just cannon fodder at this point. Cause even if I wanted to be a tanky Mystic and wear a guardian or heroism set, now all my abilities are completely garbage since theres no armor pen at all. Poor decision making on the Jedi rework thats for sure.

This is just minor things. Havent even got to the stat differences between the 2 and all that, which again Mystics got shafted vs the BM/Guardians

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023
Armor penetration tied to the set was necessary. Like most things in the Jedi revamp you need to specialize and not be a one of everything. Theres a proper form, proper jewelry set and proper spec to Force Powers. If they could heal and tank like crazy while having armor pen on every ability without a form or jewelry tied to it, everyone would play THAT build. QA and other players complained about the Maelstrom Armor Pen because it was OP. That's why Mystic has several new abilities added to their kit. And their DPS should never mirror the DPS of a melee spec since they have the benefit of ranged. We will look into this concern, but don't ignore newer abilities like Lightning Burst that does more and more damage as you stack it.

Garrote

Jun 28, 2024
USA
www.swgevolve.com
Lightning burst is a single target ability with no pen at all and gets reflected back on to said player from a BoB. Even without reflect or BoB, dodge/parry still negates that lightning burst. And even still, it doesnt compare to both the Armor Break and Damage Increase that BM/Guardians get. And its near impossible to even attempt a old school mystic/dsj tank build cause of how many points alone Makashi form takes and Mystic. You get roughly 14 points to dip into the Sage tree for an extra heal and maybe the stasis. All the while, anyone can spec straight into guardian/bm/sage and face tank 3-4 people with no issues. The only counter to any of it is someone running a heavy AoE build to bypass the Evasion and kite them down that way.

Maelstrom was the make or break for DSJ/Mystics solely cause it ignored armor and was an AoE. With out it, and everyones already doing so, just spec into guardian/BM with BoB and be the uber jedi. Its at the point where all the Guardian/BM player or anyone for that matter, has to do is wait for the Mystics heals/defs to go on CD and its goodnight 100% of the time to the Mystic.

If folks were worried about mystics dipping into sage, then why unlink the force heal from force drain? Instead, shouldve made any Sage heals share the same CD as Drain, therefore eliminating anyone trying to dip into that tree. Same with Guardians/BMs.

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023
Mystic doesn't have to invest anymore into Makashi than Sage has to invest into Niman. That's an equal spend from those two. Melee builds have more flexibility in what Forms they can use.

Though, lets not forget that to go reflect, you are sacrificing increased dps or heals from other forms AND you are reducing your own strikethrough and crit chance by investing in Shien. That's the design of each form, you get a beneficial stat but with some drawback. At no time even with Barrier of Blades do they ever relfect 100% of the time, that buff adds a 20% chance for 10 seconds. If its up, you stop attacking. This is no different than if someone popped stasis. Its a fight mechanic. And in mass PvP if someone is in Shien form, if you target them last they really aren't as big of threat as a Jedi with an identical build, but a more DPS inclined Form.

I still feel melee deserves having a bigger kit, but still we've added more abilities to Mystic and separting the drain from heal was on purpose to give them some benefit. At the end of the day if a ranged face tanks a melee build, melee should come out on top.

Tdeadly

Oct 17, 2023
Mystic doesn't have to invest anymore into Makashi than Sage has to invest into Niman. That's an equal spend from those two. Melee builds have more flexibility in what Forms they can use.

Though, lets not forget that to go reflect, you are sacrificing increased dps or heals from other forms AND you are reducing your own strikethrough and crit chance by investing in Shien. That's the design of each form, you get a beneficial stat but with some drawback. At no time even with Barrier of Blades do they ever relfect 100% of the time, that buff adds a 20% chance for 10 seconds. If its up, you stop attacking. This is no different than if someone popped stasis. Its a fight mechanic. And in mass PvP if someone is in Shien form, if you target them last they really aren't as big of threat as a Jedi with an identical build, but a more DPS inclined Form.

I still feel melee deserves having a bigger kit, but still we've added more abilities to Mystic and separting the drain from heal was on purpose to give them some benefit. At the end of the day if a ranged face tanks a melee build, melee should come out on top.
right now I think Mystic need some sort of boost. with the solo instance it takes my jedi longer on normal to run it. than my fencer on hard mode. I'm good in PVP its PVE needs some adjustments. maybe you increase the regular saber swing. that's should help it a bit. just a normal attack no special one. Jedi should be able to kill a npc at the same regular melee class.

Yatoya

Mar 2, 2024
USA
right now I think Mystic need some sort of boost. with the solo instance it takes my jedi longer on normal to run it. than my fencer on hard mode. I'm good in PVP its PVE needs some adjustments. maybe you increase the regular saber swing. that's should help it a bit. just a normal attack no special one. Jedi should be able to kill a npc at the same regular melee class.
My feelings I would like just one more basic attack like Melee Strike available early in the trees. Placed around Force Sensitive 4 point range, just like Brawler:Melee Strike, and Marksman:Fan Shot. Admittedly thou I have begun seeing a few players with builds that are achieving some nice dps, so that small addition could be to much.