Trader 5 pieces should be tradable

RangerPhenom

Mar 4, 2023
I dont think it does, as people have stated in this thread people arent making goods to sell they are spamming 8 junk metal into bits for tokens. Then mostly just crafting for themselves

I think this is pretty unhealthy honestly
considering the "spamming 8 junk metal" those are for crafted Mod bits which ARE useful in the long run. What is the point of making these tradeable from No Trade Shared other than to sell them to other players who possibly will not know any better starting fresh and not realizing how easy it is to grind up the tokens just to buy them themselves?

RangerPhenom

Mar 4, 2023
I have seen No One go without when posting LTB orders from crafters in the bazaar channel. they usually find people to fill their orders quickly and reasonably priced. this server may not have the bloated inflated market of some other servers in SWG but you can find people to make things for you if you put in buy orders. As for your argument about the pricing on armors as a net loss, that all depends on your base economic structuring of the pricing of resources. The resource values here are on the lower end so by the base economic structure of THIS server, selling them for the pricing presently in place is NOT a net loss.

Legacy

Oct 11, 2023
considering the "spamming 8 junk metal" those are for crafted Mod bits which ARE useful in the long run. What is the point of making these tradeable from No Trade Shared other than to sell them to other players who possibly will not know any better starting fresh and not realizing how easy it is to grind up the tokens just to buy them themselves?

In my example its the people in my guild all coming together to get the sets so that our crafters have their mining, their class specific set, and the RE sets. considering we are the only new players ive seen in a month I think we are speaking more from the new player experience.

Legacy

Oct 11, 2023
I have seen No One go without when posting LTB orders from crafters in the bazaar channel. they usually find people to fill their orders quickly and reasonably priced. this server may not have the bloated inflated market of some other servers in SWG but you can find people to make things for you if you put in buy orders. As for your argument about the pricing on armors as a net loss, that all depends on your base economic structuring of the pricing of resources. The resource values here are on the lower end so by the base economic structure of THIS server, selling them for the pricing presently in place is NOT a net loss.
People are literally pricing based on other servers, the profit margin here is north of 200% for basic items IE armor

RangerPhenom

Mar 4, 2023
People are literally pricing based on other servers, the profit margin here is north of 200% for basic items IE armor
I admittedly have not had to buy armor in quite some time as I have been here since launch but I havent paid more than 500k for a set of armor. 35s for those sets of armor set me back 150k a set until my daughter got situated doing RE for the guild....those prices are stupid low compared to pretty much any other server I have ever even heard of. Might try advertising a buy order in the the bazaar channel instead of going by what pricing you are seeing from the few who do put stuff up on vendors

Legacy

Oct 11, 2023
I admittedly have not had to buy armor in quite some time as I have been here since launch but I havent paid more than 500k for a set of armor. 35s for those sets of armor set me back 150k a set until my daughter got situated doing RE for the guild....those prices are stupid low compared to pretty much any other server I have ever even heard of. Might try advertising a buy order in the the bazaar channel instead of going by what pricing you are seeing from the few who do put stuff up on vendors
This again kind of falls into the new players feel this way, i understand everyone else here wants to grind bits for tokens that dont do anything once youve been here for a year.

I am 100% seeing it as new players make accounts, make characters see the state of the server and leave.

If things arent on vendor search they mine aswell not exsist.

broumad

Oct 29, 2023
I will try to address this soon.
Sweet, Even if was, just earn 1 token a day off yourself would be extremely helpful. I mean who doesn't want those purple glowie eyes. I would comment, trying to get a token 77 days in a row for those babys :).

Carista

Oct 19, 2023
This again kind of falls into the new players feel this way, i understand everyone else here wants to grind bits for tokens that dont do anything once youve been here for a year.

I am 100% seeing it as new players make accounts, make characters see the state of the server and leave.

If things arent on vendor search they mine aswell not exsist.
I can see where you're coming from.

But I also kind of get the feeling the issue now becomes slightly bigger then the subject suggests; I kind of get the feeling we're now in the territory of how to make new players stay and feel (more) welcome. A fascinating and extremely interesting subject, yet it tends to go past the simple request to make jewelry sets tradable.

mediocrebh

Oct 10, 2023
I can see where you're coming from.

But I also kind of get the feeling the issue now becomes slightly bigger then the subject suggests; I kind of get the feeling we're now in the territory of how to make new players stay and feel (more) welcome. A fascinating and extremely interesting subject, yet it tends to go past the simple request to make jewelry sets tradable.
Yeah I agree 100%, it would be good to help new players feel more welcome. I look through this section a lot and try to support most suggestions. The big issue for most, is the low population due to the server being new....this is the catch-22. People want to start on an "established" server (and I get it), but to get to that point, there needs to be pioneers to build the foundation. Until you get enough of the players that dedicate their free time into going through the ups and downs, the trial and errors, the revamps and revisions, it's going to be hard to have a high retention rate among the players that are expecting a more progressed version of the server.