Trader 5 pieces should be tradable

Chavex

Community Dad
Staff member
Jun 3, 2023
They are currently No Trade Shared, so they can be traded to any of your characters. The heroic sets and whatnot we put as tradeable as you have to run the actual heroic to get the applicable tokens, where the trader tokens you can craft literally *anything* and be eligible to receive a token (cooldown timer for token eligibility is under 5 minutes).

Legacy

Oct 11, 2023
They are currently No Trade Shared, so they can be traded to any of your characters. The heroic sets and whatnot we put as tradeable as you have to run the actual heroic to get the applicable tokens, where the trader tokens you can craft literally *anything* and be eligible to receive a token (cooldown timer for token eligibility is under 5 minutes).
I really think this is a huge oversight, it makes trade tokens worthless after you have your 5 piece and is another way to keep new players from making money. Worst case scenario if its so easy tog et than people start selling 5 pieces for 500k-2 mil but even that barely makes armor affordable here. In the end if its so easy there is no harm removing the no trade, and if its not easy than its a valid way to make some money early with a new account.

I just find it frustrating as the server does so much to prevent you from starting fresh here, this just feels like a unnecessary barrier.

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023
This is the quickest server to level on.
The katarn armor which takes all of 30 minutes to do has 4 added stats.
You get a free combat jewelry set and unlock scrolls for every heroic and most of the mustafar instances.

This is the easiest server to start fresh on. Trader Tokens on other servers that have them are both much harder to get and have specific tokens for each set where we have a single token type.

All of this was set to No Trade Shared because when it started out as tradable, we had a player that specced all 7 of his characters to crafters and already worked out how he could generate hundreds of trader tokens an hour. This would have made the trader sets a complete joke and not worth any monetary value at all.

AnibeTega

Jul 18, 2024
Las Vegas, NV
I see your point, and it is 'easy'. In addition to what Legacy said about them being worthless at some point (depends on the individual), is there any specific reason not to?

From the other side of the fence, having tradeable Trader 5pc sets would allow those who want to craft to get geared more quickly and not have to 'grind' tokens. I can't think of a way in which being able to trade / sell Trader 5pc sets would haarm the community or economy. In fact, I feel as if it would help both to develop and 'Evolve' much more rapidly and promote overall server growth.

AnibeTega

Jul 18, 2024
Las Vegas, NV
You get a free combat jewelry set and unlock scrolls for every heroic and most of the mustafar instances.

This is the easiest server to start fresh on. Trader Tokens on other servers that have them are both much harder to get and have specific tokens for each set where we have a single token type.

All of this was set to No Trade Shared because when it started out as tradable, we had a player that specced all 7 of his characters to crafters and already worked out how he could generate hundreds of trader tokens an hour. This would have made the trader sets a complete joke and not worth any monetary value at all.
I do love a healthy debate! Interesting that you point out that they would have no monetary value at all as that's the exact situation we find ourselves in as it currently stands. If they are sellable they would be worth something, even if not that much.

Legacy

Oct 11, 2023

I have heard about this, but I do overall think this is an over correction, it hurts everyone who does trading. And the value argument doesn't really matter since you removed their value on your own.

Also at 30 mins that 48 tokens a day, at 20 that's 72, at 15 that's 96.

I would much rather have tokens once per 20-30mins than have them untradeable.

Last edited:

Legacy

Oct 11, 2023
Well, lets see if other crafters agree.
I'll have to hope so. As is the system doesn't make being a one spec trader hard, it makes making multiple traders and helping the whole server and encouraging competition harder.

I know this is a me thing, but I am 30 with kids and a big boy job. I don't want SWG to be hard I want SWG to be fun.

broumad

Oct 29, 2023
I believe it should stay the way it is. It's very easy to grind out a 5 piece crafter set on a 5 min timer. Which can be easily done on a couple of crafting toons in around 2 hours. That is way faster than a combat profession has to wait. Which is like a week for their 5 piece. Just crafting items casually on my Weaponsmith and not even trying to get tokens over the past 3 months I have gotten over 400 tokens. Again not even trying. The mining set yeah maybe that could be no trade. But the others naw shits to easy. Should be harder imo.
Also, it would make it easy for people to start selling them to new people without the new people realizing how dang easy it is to grind them out themselves. Which sends sorta a scammy message to new people.
What should be looked at is Ent tokens, those are pain to get lol. I started this server last October and still only have about 12 of those tokens.

mediocrebh

Oct 10, 2023
I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind making the sets tradeable, not that I am opposed to it, but acquiring trader tokens is an easy endeavor here, not much of a grind anymore than anything else is and far better than grinding entertainer tokens. I can make modifier bits and get 7 or 8 tokens an hour without even trying and the bits only require 8 units of metal. If I were to sit at the keyboard all day, I could easily get 2 sets of jewelry in a day (a lot quicker than heroic jewelry sets). As far as the comment on armor cost, there are suits of unlayered armor for 500k and the free Katarn armor is pretty good here to get you by until you armor all of your toons with a more advanced set.

Reactions: RangerPhenom

Legacy

Oct 11, 2023
I believe it should stay the way it is. It's very easy to grind out a 5 piece crafter set on a 5 min timer. Which can be easily done on a couple of crafting toons in around 2 hours. That is way faster than a combat profession has to wait. Which is like a week for their 5 piece. Just crafting items casually on my Weaponsmith and not even trying to get tokens over the past 3 months I have gotten over 400 tokens. Again not even trying. The mining set yeah maybe that could be no trade. But the others naw shits to easy. Should be harder imo.
Also, it would make it easy for people to start selling them to new people without the new people realizing how dang easy it is to grind them out themselves. Which sends sorta a scammy message to new people.
What should be looked at is Ent tokens, those are pain to get lol. I started this server last October and still only have about 12 of those tokens.
Theres no money for new people to be scammed out of.

Also is your option "It should be harder imo" or "it should stay the way it is"

Increasing time makes it harder and more valuable. therefore making it tradeable is worth credits

Leaving as is leaves it easy with no value which means making it tradeable has no negatives

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023

I will try to address this soon.

Legacy

Oct 11, 2023
I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind making the sets tradeable, not that I am opposed to it, but acquiring trader tokens is an easy endeavor here, not much of a grind anymore than anything else is and far better than grinding entertainer tokens. I can make modifier bits and get 7 or 8 tokens an hour without even trying and the bits only require 8 units of metal. If I were to sit at the keyboard all day, I could easily get 2 sets of jewelry in a day (a lot quicker than heroic jewelry sets). As far as the comment on armor cost, there are suits of unlayered armor for 500k and the free Katarn armor is pretty good here to get you by until you armor all of your toons with a more advanced set.
Its weird to me that we are on an mmo talking about how easy it is to get all the stuff to make you self sufficient rather than encouraging trade and interaction.

The issue with armor prices is the armor is priced competitive with legends and other servers while server inflation is generally low here. Based on my own estimations there is no reason Primus Battle and Assault should be more than a mil and that turning about a 250k to 300k (33% to 40%) profit per suit.

If i were to explain the issue in bullet points it would be like this.

1. As a person who came here with 6 new players we all think this is bad.
2. If something has little to no value there is no harm in it being trade-able.
3. If something is hard to get and has value there is value in it being trade-able.
4. There is nothing to do with trader tokens once you have your 5 pieces so making them trade-able at least helps people generate some credits.
5. It makes zero sense to be able to trade/sell heroic tokens but not other tokens for other systems.

In the end this was an over correction by Staff. Hopefully the new player experience is improved.

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023
I see points 2 and 3, but those miss the mark. The sets are something that have value and greatly influence crafting, but are easy to get, extremely. More so than trader sets on any other server.

We also have far less No Trade Restrictions. The only items with that restrictions are items we haven't gotten around to removing it from and items like this that can be abused by allowing them to be tradable.

There are also several armor sets on vendors right now priced at 500k.

I'd be curious to know what other SWG servers you guys came from. We have done everything we can to make this one of the quickest and easiest servers to get started on. There is a limit of how easy things can be before its just giving everything away and no work.

broumad

Oct 29, 2023
Theres no money for new people to be scammed out of.

Also is your option "It should be harder imo" or "it should stay the way it is"

Increasing time makes it harder and more valuable. therefore making it tradeable is worth credits

Leaving as is leaves it easy with no value which means making it tradeable has no negatives
I never said people are going to be scammed I said it sends a scammy message. I am not sure how long its been since they changed it to 5 min wait but I bet there's people out there who grinded out thousands of crafter tokens just drooling at the opportunity for them to go no trade, so they can profit. Yes, it should minimally stay the way it is and perhaps made even harder based off how easy it is compared to combat and ent tokes. Your other 2 points I could care less about, since I am taking the position of them remaining no-trade.

Legacy

Oct 11, 2023
I see points 2 and 3, but those miss the mark. The sets are something that have value and greatly influence crafting, but are easy to get, extremely. More so than trader sets on any other server.

We also have far less No Trade Restrictions. The only items with that restrictions are items we haven't gotten around to removing it from and items like this that can be abused by allowing them to be tradable.

There are also several armor sets on vendors right now priced at 500k.

I'd be curious to know what other SWG servers you guys came from. We have done everything we can to make this one of the quickest and easiest servers to get started on. There is a limit of how easy things can be before its just giving everything away and no work.
I think you are thinking stat value where I am talking monetary value. Its a point about abundance v. scarcity.

500k unlayered armor is not competitive it is essentially wasted resources.

I have played on nearly every SWG Private server, ran the largest SWG Private server (more than happy to provide details privately) and Live. I am not actively trying to promote servers here but Evolve is not the easiest server to get started on and the one that is honestly the easiest has about 5x the player base.

The appeal of Evolve is the Profession system, that is why we came here cause its fun and different.

Also i fail to see how something being tradable can allow it to be abused. Did it make the market more competitive and interesting and more was available for the player base? Was that a net negative? In Crafting resources are the game, take the restriction off 5 pieces its silly.

RangerPhenom

Mar 4, 2023
As stated before, we had issues with people exploiting the system to try to get rich selling the sets, it isnt difficult to grind the tokens needed to get all the sets one needs honestly. Personally I prefer the system the way it is now, it gives incentive to crafters to do crafter things to get their sets rather than throwing credits at them

Legacy

Oct 11, 2023
As stated before, we had issues with people exploiting the system to try to get rich selling the sets, it isnt difficult to grind the tokens needed to get all the sets one needs honestly. Personally I prefer the system the way it is now, it gives incentive to crafters to do crafter things to get their sets rather than throwing credits at them
I dont think it does, as people have stated in this thread people arent making goods to sell they are spamming 8 junk metal into bits for tokens. Then mostly just crafting for themselves

I think this is pretty unhealthy honestly