stuck on corsec mission in lok space to inspect a nym cannon ship...

advirnig

May 31, 2024
Minnesota
as stated, i am currently stuck on the corsec mission to lok space to inspect a nym cannon ship. i can inspect, and disable it, then i dock and after docking the hut says i have the cargo, but then the mission bugs out, the hud displays insanely long distance to target, and no matter what, i cannot update the mission to complete it. i have had to hyper to ground, which abandons the mission to reset it, but each time it bugs out the exact same way each time.

Carista

Oct 19, 2023
Space, at times, goes on the fritz with regards to distances. Indeed landing fixes this, but it also makes you fail your mission. You could try to hyper to a different hyperspace point within the same system. This should also reset the distance thing.

Other then that, the waypoint should still be there. If you can't deliver the cargo, then that is a bug. The distance is annoying, but it shouldn't mess up your mission. Most of the time, it can be ignored.

Draskon

Dec 30, 2023
You can quickly soft log-out to the character screen and jump back in to not disrupt the mission or anything to fix it as well. However, if it's happening exactly the same way with that exact enemy all the time, please submit a ticket with as much info as you can, because we can take a look at it to see if it's that NPC in specifically.

But yeah, soft-logging should fix it for you and not fail the mission or do anything weird.

Right

Staff member
Jan 20, 2024
SoCal, USA
as stated, i am currently stuck on the corsec mission to lok space to inspect a nym cannon ship. i can inspect, and disable it, then i dock and after docking the hut says i have the cargo, but then the mission bugs out, the hud displays insanely long distance to target, and no matter what, i cannot update the mission to complete it. i have had to hyper to ground, which abandons the mission to reset it, but each time it bugs out the exact same way each time.
I had a hell of a time the first time around doing this one. Some guides advised you need to disable the engines (not the reactor) for it work properly, but even if that is true there is something else inherently buggy about that mission. I just had to come back and try again later after a server restart I think.

SpaceGhost

Jan 26, 2024
California USA
I had a hell of a time the first time around doing this one. Some guides advised you need to disable the engines (not the reactor) for it work properly, but even if that is true there is something else inherently buggy about that mission. I just had to come back and try again later after a server restart I think.
I also have had a few trys at this mission. I managed to get through it a couple of times to do two ace of aces.. My third ace of ace run it just wont update after cargo is loaded. I did a soft log. and it resets the mission. The times i made it through the server maintenance seamed to reset it. but the last few server resets havent been "fixing " it lately. Ive mentioned it to people in voice.. but havent done a ticket.. I thought it was a common hiccup the may have reported or people were aware of.. my bad.. I'll stop my "oh its just old game norms " and carrying on... So summery... server updates arnt the fix we are looking for.... he he sorry star wars nerd.. Zol'tor