Changes to how stats and DR work for pups, mods etc

darkzero

Mar 28, 2024
Louisville, KY, USA
Hi Folks, like most of you i love how much versatility evolve has for building different types of builds. It makes the game super fun to dabble with!

There are some wierd things compared to live that affect a bunch of stats (i hear some of this is being looked at) that have resulted in either insane damage and/or insane defenses
to demonstrate, i can take a teras kasi character, stick steel body on them and tank unkajo and all his wampa's in hoth, solo without losing any health atall!

There are two things i'd like to propose

1. Return the stat amounts to their original return values from the original game (i.e 1 point in strikethough chance is actually 0.4% strikethrough chance etc) so that we dont have these crazy 100% dodge chance, parry chance or block chance combo's going on :). For some stats this is already the case such as healing potentcy as i understand it

2. We apply DR, but we only apply DR to PUPs, and Exotic Mods, This will encourage some diversity in core stat usage in armor and clothing etc (this would mean skill tree boxes should give the values they say, but as a value, not a percentage, values could be adjusted for rebalancing if desired and these should not suffer DR) what that will do is reward a tank for being a tank, but a pure dps cannot just pup thier way to similar immortality

3. The DR should be pretty severe to keep insane damage or defense in check if we dont do suggestion 1

thoughts and comments?

Rezec

Polarizing Figure
Staff member
Jan 21, 2023
This is actually being worked on now in the in progress TC Patch.

There is already a DR in place. What we were experimenting with and what is on the live server was ONLY having a DR for stats.

What was removed was a Divisor on a few stats which had a blanket divide by 10 or divide by 3 depending on the stat before it ever hit DR. We are looking at bringing this back but ONLY for pups and exotic modifiers.

darkzero

Mar 28, 2024
Louisville, KY, USA
This is actually being worked on now in the in progress TC Patch.

There is already a DR in place. What we were experimenting with and what is on the live server was ONLY having a DR for stats.

What was removed was a Divisor on a few stats which had a blanket divide by 10 or divide by 3 depending on the stat before it ever hit DR. We are looking at bringing this back but ONLY for pups and exotic modifiers.
i'd be happy to participate in testing if needed to give markers

Cailener1234

Rebel Sympathizer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2023
You’re more than welcome to hop into TC once the next patch is available. There’s a delay due to some additional things we’ll be addressing/adding in this next update, which is taking up additional time.

We have a few folks already in our QA department but always looking for more folks who want to commit further and sign up! If interested, feel free to drop an application :)

Right

Staff member
Jan 20, 2024
SoCal, USA
I completely agree with you Darkzero. My feeling is we should go back to x/10 on pups/exotics like Rezec mentioned. I actually surveyed a number of people on this including a couple of your guildmates and a vast majority agree the stats need to come down. Some want more aggressive DR, others have suggested the reverted divisor, but we'll be trying to get the wild maxing a bit more under control with the next patch.