Leveling Guide/ True beginner guide (combat)

I just wanted to write something up for the new players to evolve because there are a lot of differences which I believe you will find to be much better in the long run but can be very confusing in the beginning.

Once you create your character you will land in ME in front of the star port, you will be given a number of items including a speeder, an ITV, and a Yacht, all which will help you on your travels. If it is your first character you will receive a lot more items. One to note will be an item that will allow you to skip your heroic pre-quests, this will save you a ton time and should be saved for whatever character you want to do heroics on, but anyone can unlock them by doing the pre quests.

Additionally, once you land you will be given an assortment of weapons. Like in Pre-cu, choose the weapon based on the skill set you would like to learn, you can change it at any time. You will gain experience in the form of both combat experience and whatever weapon you are using experience (ie. rifle experience). Equip your weapon of choice and look for the first waypoint to get your first speeder. This is the beginning of legacy which is a quest series that was introduced in NGE that would introduce you to the game mechanics and have you follow a list of quests to get started. Continue to follow these quests and gain experience.

Once you have gained a few thousand experience you can hit escape and go to your expertise tree and start to spend your experience, ideally first into the brawler or marksman skill to gain a few abilities to make killing mobs a little easier. You will need to hit esc again and go to your commands tab and equip your new skills. Also remember as you level you will sometimes get higher levels of these skills and will need to be reequipped at the higher levels as you continue to level.

Now the important part is not to progress too much, you want to stay a little ahead of the level of what you are fighting until you max out your combat experience. If you fight something too low of level you will not receive much experience for it, however completing quests will still give massive exp. Combat experience is used to purchase your combat skillsets and can be mixed and matched in any way you seem fit and as you gain the skills your level will increase. If you follow legacy and complete quests you should be able to make it to level 90 in about an hour or two. Once you do this make sure that you have equipped all your best commands/ skills and now to gear.

Once you reach level 90 you will now find yourself ill equipped but you should have some money, i would check the bazzar for a weapon of choice to get at least to a higher level to kill better mobs and gain loot. once you have a weapon you will want to head to Dearik and start "avenging Mort"quest which can be found here https://swg.fandom.com/wiki/Avenging_Mort . This will give you the Katarn Armor, once you have this you can now compete with the big boys but want to continue to progress.

I spent the next part of my time killing nightsisters for both stat loot and holocrons, the stat loot can be sold for good credits at the junk vendor but you are limited to how many items you can sell per day but you can easily get 250k credits per day

Another important not junk loot is not needed for RE, as most all of the augments are craftable.

Also don't be afraid to reach out on either discord, forums or in game, this is a very friendly server with a lot of really awesome people.

Hope this helps anyone new to the server!

Vikingmando

The Trickster
Sep 15, 2023
There are some Caveats I would add to this additionally.

This is all subject to change in the upcoming patch.

additionally the junk loot statement is not entirely true. Combat related bits are craftable. Crafting related (Experimentation, assembly, Reverse Engineer Chance and Beast Master) are not as well as Devastation is not craftable.

There is also a much faster way of leveling.

Legacy to the end of the "White Thranta Bunker" Spending XP as you go. Move to the Avenging Mort quest for your katarn armor. by then you should be somewhere between 70-90, Then do the Mustafar Injector quest to finish it off.

Griffy

Oct 18, 2023
There are some Caveats I would add to this additionally.

This is all subject to change in the upcoming patch.

additionally the junk loot statement is not entirely true. Combat related bits are craftable. Crafting related (Experimentation, assembly, Reverse Engineer Chance and Beast Master) are not as well as Devastation is not craftable.

There is also a much faster way of leveling.

Legacy to the end of the "White Thranta Bunker" Spending XP as you go. Move to the Avenging Mort quest for your katarn armor. by then you should be somewhere between 70-90, Then do the Mustafar Injector quest to finish it off.
The absolute fastest leveling is just taking all your toons to mustafar immediately. Grab the air filtration mission hop on a skiff and go click the supply locker and it will cap your xp on every toon, put the combat and weapon exp into as much as you can then proceed to the next part of the mission. Click all of the air ducts and go turn the mission in for another xp cap. All toons should immediately be 60-70 after doing this. No combat is required and now you can go farm out xp somewhere else. My favorite place is the exar kun entrance that has all of the cultists around it, once you’re 90 you get more xp per kill so that’s when you can respec and worry about your build as a few groups of mobs will cap your xp out.

Reactions: Rynde

MandFlurry

Aug 27, 2024
USA
I just wanted to write something up for the new players to evolve because there are a lot of differences which I believe you will find to be much better in the long run but can be very confusing in the beginning.

Once you create your character you will land in ME in front of the star port, you will be given a number of items including a speeder, an ITV, and a Yacht, all which will help you on your travels. If it is your first character you will receive a lot more items. One to note will be an item that will allow you to skip your heroic pre-quests, this will save you a ton time and should be saved for whatever character you want to do heroics on, but anyone can unlock them by doing the pre quests.

Additionally, once you land you will be given an assortment of weapons. Like in Pre-cu, choose the weapon based on the skill set you would like to learn, you can change it at any time. You will gain experience in the form of both combat experience and whatever weapon you are using experience (ie. rifle experience). Equip your weapon of choice and look for the first waypoint to get your first speeder. This is the beginning of legacy which is a quest series that was introduced in NGE that would introduce you to the game mechanics and have you follow a list of quests to get started. Continue to follow these quests and gain experience.

Once you have gained a few thousand experience you can hit escape and go to your expertise tree and start to spend your experience, ideally first into the brawler or marksman skill to gain a few abilities to make killing mobs a little easier. You will need to hit esc again and go to your commands tab and equip your new skills. Also remember as you level you will sometimes get higher levels of these skills and will need to be reequipped at the higher levels as you continue to level.

Now the important part is not to progress too much, you want to stay a little ahead of the level of what you are fighting until you max out your combat experience. If you fight something too low of level you will not receive much experience for it, however completing quests will still give massive exp. Combat experience is used to purchase your combat skillsets and can be mixed and matched in any way you seem fit and as you gain the skills your level will increase. If you follow legacy and complete quests you should be able to make it to level 90 in about an hour or two. Once you do this make sure that you have equipped all your best commands/ skills and now to gear.

Once you reach level 90 you will now find yourself ill equipped but you should have some money, i would check the bazzar for a weapon of choice to get at least to a higher level to kill better mobs and gain loot. once you have a weapon you will want to head to Dearik and start "avenging Mort"quest which can be found here https://swg.fandom.com/wiki/Avenging_Mort . This will give you the Katarn Armor, once you have this you can now compete with the big boys but want to continue to progress.

I spent the next part of my time killing nightsisters for both stat loot and holocrons, the stat loot can be sold for good credits at the junk vendor but you are limited to how many items you can sell per day but you can easily get 250k credits per day

Another important not junk loot is not needed for RE, as most all of the augments are craftable.

Also don't be afraid to reach out on either discord, forums or in game, this is a very friendly server with a lot of really awesome people.

Hope this helps anyone new to the server!
Thanx, your post helps a lot. I just started days ago. I find things a bit hard. Luckily, someone was on and told me what to do to start with quests. But, 1 starting quest doesn't work. The Cale Herron quest, where we are supposed to go to Mos Taike Tattooine to meet him/her. There, is no Mos Taike, or waypoint marker to get to this mission. None in the journal either. Updated: The waypoint is @ 3838 2218 Tattooine

Last edited: