MUS / Smuggling

whansbury93

Oct 16, 2023
I was thinking of aspects of MUS and smuggling missions as a whole in SWG and it prompted me to post this discussion to see if others have ideas as well.

Slicing: I know anyone can slice a terminal now for extra creds, but Smugglers need the ability to obtain smuggler missions from mission terminals as well. I don't know the % chance to fail, but I would say it should be based on luck I guess. A failed slice, will put you on the bounty board. The numeric value of the bounty is up to you guys. I couldn't tell you where to start. BUT it would make it more fun and stimulate the BH boards more than just PVP bounties.

Secondly, weapon and armor slicing, this has been around forever. I think it’s a valuable resource for smugglers since we're glass canons, we don't want a fight going on for a long time. Also, with everyone stacking block or dodge, and having 12k armor, the extra dmg/range/etc depending on the slicing method is massive help when escaping a bounty.

For slicing weapons, armor, etc, the only thing I’d want to see changed is NOT allowing for the destruction of the item. Losing the materials to slice is fine but people work hard to make weapons and I’d hate to see a capped weapon get consumed on a failed slice attempt.

Illegal weapons modules: These are a DMG increase buff, it should last an hour to coincide with the off the books buff duration. Again, values can be left up to staff because this is not my area of knowledge and I don't want to request something dumb.

Contraband, this is already in-game. However, perhaps the ability to have a central hub (Jabba's Palace would be a perfect fit) for smugglers to "exchange" their items for cash at the risk of being caught by security forces/empire would be another fun aspect of the game.

Running Imperial blockades in space during space smuggling missions would be awesome.

Smugglers can use any weapon they want, and I already know that specifics are dropping off so no need to rock the boat there.

On smuggling missions, having lvl 80-90 NPC's spawning to try to trip you up on (non-pvp) smuggling missions would be fun. The pvp missions should stay open as it would create issues if an NPC attacked and then a player BH showed up.

Having a bounty placed during an instance where your contraband is found during a routine inspection is an option as well as having the normal "loss in faction"

Upon reaching certain thresholds of Underworld faction, you will be rewarded.

These bonuses do stack, meaning once you reach the final rank of the Underworld faction, you will have:

+600 Innate Armor
+3 Damage
+3 Range

You will lose the attribute bonuses if you happen to drop Master Smuggler as a profession.

1000 Underworld Faction Points
Title: Bootlegger
Gear:
Choice of
Underworld Recon Armor Chestplate
Underworld Recon Armor Leggings

Attributes:
+200 Innate Armor
+1 Damage
+1 Weapon Range

2000 Underworld Faction Points
Title: Pirate
Gear:
Choice of
Underworld Ring of Luck
Underworld Necklace of Precision

Attributes:
+200 Innate Armor
+1 Damage
+1 Weapon Range

3000 Underworld Faction Points
Title: Master Underworld Smuggler
Gear:
Choice of
Underworld Sureshot DE10
Underworld Sureshot DL44
Master Underworld Smuggler Blade
Master Underworld Smuggler Knucklers

Attributes:
+200 Innate Armor
+1 Damage
+1 Weapon Range

Any suggestions, fixes, etc are welcome, I sure as hell won’t be offended.

Griffy

Oct 18, 2023
I was thinking of aspects of MUS and smuggling missions as a whole in SWG and it prompted me to post this discussion to see if others have ideas as well.

Slicing: I know anyone can slice a terminal now for extra creds, but Smugglers need the ability to obtain smuggler missions from mission terminals as well. I don't know the % chance to fail, but I would say it should be based on luck I guess. A failed slice, will put you on the bounty board. The numeric value of the bounty is up to you guys. I couldn't tell you where to start. BUT it would make it more fun and stimulate the BH boards more than just PVP bounties.

Secondly, weapon and armor slicing, this has been around forever. I think it’s a valuable resource for smugglers since we're glass canons, we don't want a fight going on for a long time. Also, with everyone stacking block or dodge, and having 12k armor, the extra dmg/range/etc depending on the slicing method is massive help when escaping a bounty.

For slicing weapons, armor, etc, the only thing I’d want to see changed is NOT allowing for the destruction of the item. Losing the materials to slice is fine but people work hard to make weapons and I’d hate to see a capped weapon get consumed on a failed slice attempt.

Illegal weapons modules: These are a DMG increase buff, it should last an hour to coincide with the off the books buff duration. Again, values can be left up to staff because this is not my area of knowledge and I don't want to request something dumb.

Contraband, this is already in-game. However, perhaps the ability to have a central hub (Jabba's Palace would be a perfect fit) for smugglers to "exchange" their items for cash at the risk of being caught by security forces/empire would be another fun aspect of the game.

Running Imperial blockades in space during space smuggling missions would be awesome.

Smugglers can use any weapon they want, and I already know that specifics are dropping off so no need to rock the boat there.

On smuggling missions, having lvl 80-90 NPC's spawning to try to trip you up on (non-pvp) smuggling missions would be fun. The pvp missions should stay open as it would create issues if an NPC attacked and then a player BH showed up.

Having a bounty placed during an instance where your contraband is found during a routine inspection is an option as well as having the normal "loss in faction"

Upon reaching certain thresholds of Underworld faction, you will be rewarded.

These bonuses do stack, meaning once you reach the final rank of the Underworld faction, you will have:

+600 Innate Armor
+3 Damage
+3 Range

You will lose the attribute bonuses if you happen to drop Master Smuggler as a profession.

1000 Underworld Faction Points
Title: Bootlegger
Gear:
Choice of
Underworld Recon Armor Chestplate
Underworld Recon Armor Leggings

Attributes:
+200 Innate Armor
+1 Damage
+1 Weapon Range

2000 Underworld Faction Points
Title: Pirate
Gear:
Choice of
Underworld Ring of Luck
Underworld Necklace of Precision

Attributes:
+200 Innate Armor
+1 Damage
+1 Weapon Range

3000 Underworld Faction Points
Title: Master Underworld Smuggler
Gear:
Choice of
Underworld Sureshot DE10
Underworld Sureshot DL44
Master Underworld Smuggler Blade
Master Underworld Smuggler Knucklers

Attributes:
+200 Innate Armor
+1 Damage
+1 Weapon Range

Any suggestions, fixes, etc are welcome, I sure as hell won’t be offended.
Last time a discussion was brought up about it, it was told that slicing will be its own future content. As far as the glass cannons point, it would stand well in a single class atmosphere but since you can go off into other trees to complement the smuggler kit here, that really isn’t an issue. Especially with impossible odds and skullduggery working here.

Reactions: whansbury93

whansbury93

Oct 16, 2023
Last time a discussion was brought up about it, it was told that slicing will be its own future content. As far as the glass cannons point, it would stand well in a single class atmosphere but since you can go off into other trees to complement the smuggler kit here, that really isn’t an issue. Especially with impossible odds and skullduggery working here.
For sure, I wrote this thinking of my only experience with the MUS system which, I’ll admit, was very limited. But I do miss the smuggling missions via terminals with the chance of a bounty upon failure