Account wide bank

wobby1984

Feb 15, 2023
Netherlands
Hi all, another idea i had. Not sure IF it even can be done.
But what IF we had an account wide bank (just the credits not the items/loot)
So all my chars can use the same credits no matter if its a new char or an old one.

Makes it so we/i dont need to keep trading credits between chars, especialy if u dont have much money yet.

Or what im doing, 1 toon for combat rest crafters trying to sell stuff or make stuff.

Just an idea.

Rimy

Feb 5, 2024
Texas
I'm trying to play devil's advocate but can't think of a way this could be used in a negative/exploitative way. I think it's a good idea.

mediocrebh

Oct 10, 2023
I'm trying to play devil's advocate but can't think of a way this could be used in a negative/exploitative way. I think it's a good idea.
I think this is a good idea....I think the initial problem was all of the no trade or bio-linked items. It probably didn't get much traction as a QOL because, SOE only let you have 1 toon per server per account...unless you unlocked.

Rimy

Feb 5, 2024
Texas
I think this is a good idea....I think the initial problem was all of the no trade or bio-linked items. It probably didn't get much traction as a QOL because, SOE only let you have 1 toon per server per account...unless you unlocked.
Oh good point, it probably ties into the safety deposit box. I guess disallowing any unique items (if they're not already disallowed) would clear that up.

Feb 28, 2024
Johnson City, TN USA
With what Wobby's proposing, itmes don't even come into play. Just credits.

As things stand, I have one money-bags toon and I don't even use the bank to store my money. If this change was implemented, that would change immediately.

mediocrebh

Oct 10, 2023

As things stand, I have one money-bags toon and I don't even use the bank to store my money. If this change was implemented, that would change immediately.
Roger that....I just assumed he meant both since the bank and safety deposit are on the same terminal, which I think a shared account safety box would be cool

Reactions: windshadow0177
Feb 28, 2024
Johnson City, TN USA
Roger that....I just assumed he meant both since the bank and safety deposit are on the same terminal, which I think a shared account safety box would be cool
Agreed. I think it would be awesome to lose the little dance of drop-here-pick-up-w/-someone-else for the no-trade-shared stuff. Adding that in would have to be carefully thought out and have the right guardrails to keep it from being exploited.

Reactions: SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost

Jan 26, 2024
California USA
A universal account safety deposit box use sure would help passing items from alt to alt. My support is self serving I'll admit it due to ship set ups are a night mare some times .. so passing important parts alt to alt would be a blessing...

Reactions: windshadow0177

wobby1984

Feb 15, 2023
Netherlands
Guys if u like the idea, not only post a comment but upvote if u can! So the Dev's see this and maybe can make it so, or talk with us about it! If all that posted already did an upvote we would have 5 votes for this!!

Last edited:

Rimy

Feb 5, 2024
Texas

I mean the code under the hood. SOEs code is famously spaghetti'd and those might tie together.

Last edited: