Raise Citizen Inactivity Period

Right

Staff member
Jan 20, 2024
SoCal, USA
Theres not that many cities on Evolve yet, suggest we raise the length of time until citizens are considered inactive from 90 days to 180 or even 360 days. This especially helps cities maintain rank when people take a hiatus or go on military deployment.

Obani

Oct 16, 2023
The Sea
Theres not that many cities on Evolve yet, suggest we raise the length of time until citizens are considered inactive from 90 days to 180 or even 360 days. This especially helps cities maintain rank when people take a hiatus or go on military deployment.
I kind of like the 90 day thing. I can see your concern though. I've noticed some of the cities drying up. The flip side to that coin is, If house a new player and they stop playing after a couple of weeks (happens a lot), then I only have to wait 90 days to pack up their house.

Feb 28, 2024
Johnson City, TN USA
I kind of like the 90 day thing. I can see your concern though. I've noticed some of the cities drying up. The flip side to that coin is, If house a new player and they stop playing after a couple of weeks (happens a lot), then I only have to wait 90 days to pack up their house.
Can't you do this as mayor more immediately than that? Serious question.

Obani

Oct 16, 2023
The Sea
Can't you do this as mayor more immediately than that? Serious question.
nope. I have to wait 90 days. AND i cant remove factories. it really is a pain in the ass. IF mayors had the ability to packup buildings then i'd be all about increasing the 90 day thing.

mediocrebh

Oct 10, 2023
What if only mayors could remove zoning violations instead of anyone that happens upon the structure? That way a mayor can hold onto a structure to maintain their city but remove if needed if it appears the player may not be back in a while and the city needs the lots. If a mayor could just remove structures at any point, this could be used in a malicious way....but if it hits beyond the grace period, then the player had a fair amount of time to make contact.

Keyzia

Apr 25, 2023
I agree that the time Mayors should be able to remove when violations have been committed.

SpaceGhost

Jan 26, 2024
California USA
But .. But Galaxy Demolition event ? Tokens and very cool decor for doing so ? Not to mention the awesome badge.. I do agree though.. server is young. a grace period to encourage growth until the "why so many houses" from inactive players as you enjoy a drive viewing the scenery.

Obani

Oct 16, 2023
The Sea
But .. But Galaxy Demolition event ? Tokens and very cool decor for doing so ? Not to mention the awesome badge.. I do agree though.. server is young. a grace period to encourage growth until the "why so many houses" from inactive players as you enjoy a drive viewing the scenery.
we've never had one of those

SpaceGhost

Jan 26, 2024
California USA
My bad.. too many servers ive bounced .. I forget i need to mind wipe and start anew here.. I loved demoing houses on legends.. helped to get a shuttle dropped on capped planets

Zoe01

Oct 1, 2023
I agree 100% in having inactive citizens house Zoning Violations timeline extended. 90 +1 days is just too short. Plus, if said citizen(s) take a break for whatever reason, burnout, trying out other games etc, at least they know they have a house and city and a server Evolve to return to, that is still intact. It is when they don't have maintenance prepaid on housing then its different. I also feel Mayor's should have packup ability as well, if there is need for that inactive player or house to be relocated for city layouts and expansions. Thanks for reading this.